Birth = 3 pounds 3oz
Lowest weight = 2 pounds 15oz
Current weight (9 months actual, 7 months adjusted) = 16 pounds 4oz
Today, for the first time ever, Rowan has a dot on the standard growth chart. For his actual age.
- Officially in the first percentile for both weight and length for a nine month old baby. Hold on. I think I have something in my eye.
- Low on iron. Win some. Lose some.
- Sitting unassisted easily now, and is lunging forwards to grab at toys. He can roll both directions, but so far has not realized that this makes him capable of locomotion.
- A fiend when it comes to eating. After a rough start with carrots he devours steamed broccoli, avocado, purees, mashed potatoes, and so much more. He basically shoves fistfuls of food into his mouth, and lunges for the spoon. He does have something against applesauce
- The happiest baby on the block. Most of the time. He cackles when I speak Parsletongue.
Our pediatrician is not the same one we used when Lorelei was this age, and though I like her just fine, we tend to come at problems a bit differently. I am not a particularly quiet or shy person, but I suck at sticking up for myself or my kids with health care professionals. With that in mind, if anyone has any great iron-rich recipes for a 9 month old, let me know. I personally would rather avoid lots of baby cereal, because he needs healthier calories. He can do some finger foods, and also doesn’t mind purees. He thinks multivitamins are torture and poison – they do taste like bloody pennies, after all.
PS: Join me on Facebook for updates from across my blogs!